Monday, February 05, 2007

Still alive....

Thanks for the emails! Yes, I'm still alive, barely. The move is going slowly but well. The boys spent their first full week here last week. It involved a lot of early mornings for the guy, as he had to bring them to school for 7:30 each morning (leaving at 6:45), and he normally doesn't get up that early. He's a "late riser, late to work" guy, so he misses all the commuter traffic. But they did well, with the only real snag being that all 3 have to share a room until the other one is painted and cleaned out, which we're doing this week. Other than that, all 4 "boys" have now adopted slot-car racing as their "thing". The guy really wanted something he could do with them, and found it - big time! They were really psyched about it, and have been buying/modifying/creating/building the stuff all weekend, and went to the racing track both Saturday and Sunday. Enough that the guy MISSED his hockey game (league he plays in), which he has never done! I'm glad they have something together.

Macey starts driver's ed - TODAY! It will be nice having another driver, even if she's not living with us right now. She does plan on it shortly, though, which makes me happy.

School is going well. I'm enjoying clinical, even with the longer hours. We're actually going to start applying for nursing jobs this month - they've told us we can be hired on a contingency basis (have to pass the boards before hire), but we can work as GN's (graduate nurses) after May until we pass the boards. Scary to think that it's that quick! I'm actually enjoying the autonomy we have now in nursing school. I'm able to give meds and do IV stuff on my own without my instructor hanging around. We've proven ourselves enough, and now it's just patient care and working with the RN's on the floor - who are great resources this semester.

Just wanted to say, I know you won't see this for a while, but I'm thinking of you and your family, Michelle!! Good luck today, and can't wait to see pics of the new arrival! I would have emailed you, but my POP server doesn't work from here (major PITA!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Whit!! She's here and doing well. I send you an email with the link to our pics but am not sure if you got it or not. Email me so I can make sure I have the correct addy. I know you'd love to see her. She's a cutie. Of course, I'm biased. :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home