Sunday, October 07, 2007

Yeah, I know, I keep saying I'll update more, and then I don't.

Big life changes coming for me. The guy and I have broken up, for good. Although I'm still living here (as friends, that's all, believe me), the kids are not. The ex is understanding about it, and they've been with him since this has started. They're sort of upset because they like the guy, but are understanding.

Me? Well, I'm doing okay. Although I've not been able to find a full time job AT ALL. I am working as a nurse, but not in a field I want. Everyone I know who is not in the medical field says the same thing "There is such a nursing shortage! Why can't you find work? You must not be looking very hard."

BULLSHIT. I've sent out and filled out online over 200 applications, called countless nursing recruiters, and nothing. They want nurses with experience, but I can't get that because no one, except nursing homes and long-term care facilities, will hire new grads. Unless you are a lucky one and can get into a hospital's New Grad RN program. But those are full. And now I'm being told that they won't consider me for the next round of new grad programs, because I won't be a new grad anymore!! But they still won't hire me, because I don't have experience!! ARGH!!! So frustrating.

But......there are options. The best one is moving, which I will be doing. A close friend of mine is in NC, and they are hiring RN's with no experience, into whatever specialty area is wanted, and the pay is almost 50% more than pay around here. And housing is cheaper. So, now I'm filling out applications and will be talking to as many nursing recruiters down there as is possible, and try to set up a bunch of interviews in the next week or two. Yes, it will be hard to be without the kids for a while, but the ex is surprisingly understanding. They may eventually move wherever I am, or not, but wherever I end up, I'll get settled first, see if the job and area will work out, then we'll talk about them moving. They will probably finish the school year here, in any event.

I never thought I'd be one to leave my kids for something, but there is not much else I can do. I really hate having my life so up in the air right now, but such is life.

I'll write more later. I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home